Tuesday, August 1, 2017

A Whimsical Escape 'Under Winter Lights’ by Bree Lewandowski Review


If you are seeking a story to read and nestle under the cover and lay upon a fire…forget ‘Under Winter Lights.’


I mean if you had plans to kick back and escape life as you know it, head to Chicago to face the cold breeze upon your face while soaking into the world revolving around a ballet dancer, totally digress from the thought of reading this book by Bree Lewandowski.

The inauguration of this story begins with a young lady determined to be a dancer. Her entire life centers on her career that she has worked tremendously hard to attain as a ballet dancer. The imagery of this book is classic. The author captured the scenery and movement of the characters in a whimsical manner.



Walking with the character as the wind whisked around her face, made me  brisk in the intense cold air along the journey of Martina. In my imagination of course...It's August in Georgia for me, there is nothing cold around these parts at this time. 

Another favorite aspect... The moment she gets the news she’s been waiting to hear regarding her audition, reminded me of a start stun person. 

The details outlined to take in the depths of the characters thoughts, movements and surrounding was the art of brush strokes in print formation.

The love story between Martina and Maraav is hidden a bit by the highlights of Martina. However, the development of the characters set you up for a fascinating tale. Which I hope to discover more in the sequel 'Under Midnight Lights.'

I have to admit I did get a bit protective of Martina as she came face to face with the director Alan Jung. I might have mentally strangled him a few times but it was perfect for my imagination because of how the story unfolds…yeah you have to read it for yourself. 

Just note...this story reminds you life itself is a test...how well you do is up to you!


What…did you really expect me to give you all the details? Be sure to plan a date of relaxing under the fire by the moon light to read ‘Under Winter Lights.’ It's a magical escape!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for taking the time to review my book!! It's been a pleasure reading your work and having the opportunity to converse with you as well. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you for the opportunity of reading your work. It's a pleasure.

    ReplyDelete